Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back to Reality...

After a direct flight from London to Seattle yesterday, Laura and I parted ways. She went to Helena, and I headed north to Alaska. I arrived back home in Anchorage about 11:00 p.m. Monday night/8:00 a.m. Tuesday morning England time! I had no trouble falling asleep when my head hit the pillow last night, and even got up and went to work this morning. The proof that I'm back in the office is below in the photo Brandie took of me :-)


As I sit here eating my lunch, I thought I would blog about some things I've observed in the 12 hours I've been back in the States:

1) I am experiencing Laura withdrawals. Help! After spending 2 solid weeks with Laura on a really fun adventure, it was hard to say goodbye yesterday. I miss you Lou Lou and I cannot wait until Christmas! Thanks for putting up with me. I think we make a good travel team and can't wait for our next adventure!

2) I've turned to the dark side and am now a tea drinker rather than a coffee drinker. We'll see how long that lasts...

3) Transitioning back into my normal routine is tough! Thank goodness I'm going away this weekend with Shanna and Mary to Shanna's cabin (accessible only by floatplane) for some relaxing and fishing. Taking a mini-vacation is really the best way to ease back into normal life after a really big vacation.

No comments: